Richardson Decorating Contractors Ltd takes concerns over the environment very seriously and are continually looking at ways to improve our procedures. As well as working in accordance with our Environmental Policy, we actively seek methods of improvement and diversity. We are currently looking to achieve accreditation for ISO9001, the international standard which shows evidence that an Environmental Management System is in place.
Doing our bit to help
At Richardson's we always aim to recycle as much as possible. With this is mind we are pleased to donate our leftover paint to local colleges for the apprentices to use as well as local based community projects, charity organisations and day care centres. Recent projects included Harbour Cancer Trust in Gosport and donating paints for the Rainbow Centre Fareham.
Richardson's is an authorised user of the Dulux Decorating Centres' Can Recycling Scheme which ensures that no materials whatsoever go to landfill.
Click for further details.
Environment Policy Statement
- This statement applies to all land, premises and activities within the control of the Company.
- Richardson Decorating Contractors Ltd (RDC) is committed to the conservation and improvement of the environment and to minimising the environmental impacts of the risks arising from its activities.
- RDC will manage its operations in ways that are environmentally sustainable and economically feasible and provide appropriate environmental education for its staff.
- In order to achieve this aim the Company has the following key objectives:
- to promote sound environmental management policies and practices throughout the Company.
- as a minimum, to comply with the requirements of relevant legislation and ensure company policy is reviewed periodically and updated with immediate effect.
- to make efficient and environmentally responsible use of energy and water.
- to promote environmentally responsible procurement of goods and services.
- to minimise waste production as far as is practicable, to reuse or recycle waste where appropriate and to regulate the treatment and disposal of residual waste.
- to reduce and where practicable, prevent pollution.
- to minimise the impact of transport on the environment arising from its own vehicles and those brought on to its premises.
- to minimise any adverse environmental impact of any new Company development.
- to maintain the Company's premises in an environmentally sensitive way and dispose of Hazardous Waste as per current legislation.
- to minimise the adverse environmental impact of the decommissioning and disposal of Company assets.
- to communicate within the Company and to the outside community the company's environmental performance as appropriate.
- to raise awareness among the staff of the Company's environmental impact, activities and performance and to promote individual good practice.
- The main responsibility for implementation of this policy lies with the Company Director, Mr Guy Richardson
- Whilst the Company accepts the main responsibility for implementation of this policy, individuals have a very important role in co-operating with those responsible for safeguarding the environment. Individuals are required to abide by rules and requirements made under the authority of this policy.